Saturday, August 1, 2009

Old Borges Ranch

Today was a great day! We started off the day by going to a couple of garage sales. We then headed to a donut shop, where we had breakfast.. Yummy! We ended up our trip finding a garage sale two blocks away from our house. We got Camilla a small Oscar The Grouch seat, and a lantern for her room.. Very cute stuff!

After we got home, we didn't know what to do. I decided to look into the activities some of the moms in the ward had just done (April, you are a lifesaver with all those ideas!). Anyhow, we decided to visit Old Borges Ranch, in Walnut Creek. It took us about 20 minutes to get there, and as soon as we were there it felt like we were in the countryside! Old Borges Ranch is the home base for Walnut Creek's Shell Ridge Open Space activities. There were several buildings that displayed what life was like in the pioneers' days. Borges Ranch serves as the rangers' station and house. And.. to make things even better, it has some animals that you can pet! We saw chickens, roosters, sheep, goats, and bunnies! Camilla had a blast. I think her favorite animals were the chicken. She kept chasing them, and they kept running away from her.. Pretty funny view!

We then had a picnic (leftovers from last night Papa Murphy's.. the best picnic food for a kid who won't eat sandwiches!) and enjoyed the view. It was a great trip out to the ranch!


This one would just stare at us!

Chickens here I come!

Another precious chase... the chicken won!

Hunter and Camilla

1 comment:

April J. said...

I am so glad the calendar helps. I have been so bad and don't go to anything! It looks like it even is great for family Saturdays.