Saturday, July 18, 2009

Pool

The past few days have been hot around here, which means that Camilla and I run our errands early in the day, and then pretty much hibernate at home until the late afternoon/evening. Well, a couple of days ago I decided I'd be a cool mom and let Camilla play in the water. So I got out a container I use for our laundry at times. It's rectangular, about a foot long on each side, and about 5 inches deep. I filled it up with water and put Camilla's bath tub toys in it. The little girl had a blast!

The first two or so days she would play with her toys, and then dump the water, getting all wet in the process. Then about three days ago she would get her feet in the water (and manage to get all wet again). Finally, she decided that if she could ger het feet in, her whole body must get in an well... So here's Camilla, squatting inside of this small container, not able to even move, and giving me this look, saying, "Now what momma?"

After that I decided it was time for a small pool. After trying 2 Wal-marts, Target and Toy R Us (we were looking for a plastic, round kiddie pool), we ended up buying an inflatable one. We tried it out this morning.. and the little one had a blast. She cried when we said it was lunch time. Check out these pics and video:




Video of Camilla playing in the water:


Ramdon pic: Camilla can be very attached to her binkies sometimes. Here she is, holding on to her two binkies, while at the same time trying to hold on to her bottle.. she would not let go of any of those three things!

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

How fun that Camilla got a pool! I love the video, she just keeps falling in, so cute!

Melissa Hodgen said...

Totally worth the money, right? Glad to see you have a little water baby on your hands. It completely wipes them out and they have fun but sleep like a rock. Although the inflatable ones are a little more of a pain to keep up, they never hurt themselves on the sides, so good choice.

Danny and Shalayne said...

SO adorable! Danny I were laughing so hard at that video...she is going to be a diver!!!

Becca said...

What a great video! James had fun watching it with me. I laughed every time Camilla dived in. James asked for more when it was done, so I hope you have more coming!