Thursday, July 1, 2010

Update

Yes, I have been a slacker kind of a blogger lately. It's amazing how time flies! I can't believe how big Logan is... a constant reminder that my sweet baby will be walking in no time!

Ok, here's the recap:

Camilla: She's doing well. Lately she's been very attached to her Barbie backpack, and her Minnie sunglasses. It's so funy to hear her say, "Momma, I go school!" I keep telling her that she first has to be potty trained, and she has definetely shown more interest in the whole thing during the past few days. We'll see how it goes. Camilla is still as busy and loud as ever, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. She's beginning to listen more to what I say. Maybe my face says it all, and she just knows when I'm "upset" (mad might be a better word). And she knows how to work the system too. When she realizes that I'm about to, well, lose it, she just stares at me, waiting for me to stare back. And when I finally do, she smiles non-stop. And that gets me laughing. Crazy kid :)



Logan: My sweet baby is getting so big! At his last dr's appointment (about a week ago), he was 23 3/4 inches long, and almost 15 pounds... Let me say that again, FIFTEEN POUNDS. He's a chunk! He loves to "talk" and smiles at you when you give him attention. He eats every 4 to 5 hours, and when he does, you better watch out because he's a hungry boy! He loves to sit up, and his neck muscles are getting very strong. And lastly, he's found his best friend!



Yes, his thumb! Camilla NEVER showed any interest on her fingers. She wanted her paci (well, she still does, 2 and half years later!) So having a thumb sucker would be a change. This just started, so it'll probably change, but it's so cute regardless. Logan sleeps from around 8.30 p.m. until anywhere between 1.30 and 3.30 a.m., and he goes back to sleep rather quickly after he's done eating. We sure love our boy!
Hunter: My handsome husband keeps busy with work, church, and family life. He was recently called as the Elders' Quorum President in our ward, so he's always doing something with his calling, and he loves it. Hunter is really looking forward to a 4 day weekend (he's taking Friday off work), and I am sure some yard work will be done in that time.
Rosa: I have a goal: To run in the mornings for 20 minutes or so... I meant to start that this week... Yeah, it did NOT happen. After being up with Logan in the middle of the night, going running before 6 a.m (Hunter goes to work at 6.30) is not very appealing. But I'll eventually get back in shape (at least I hope). Now that Logan has a more defined schedule, I've gone back to scrapbooking. But let's face it: After caring for the kiddos, cleaning, and making dinner, I am pretty much done by 9 p.m. Such is life.
And there you have it. We're doing great, and looking forward to a very nice, and hot, 4th of July.
She's getting so big! Snif, snif

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

So glad you posted an update! Love to hear what each of you are doing. Camilla is so cute with her sunglasses and backpack :) Logan, so stinkin' cute sucking his thumb. Hope to meet that baby sometime soon, I want to give him a squeeze. Wow, Hunter sure is keepin' busy, hope he thoroughly enjoys his long weekend. You are such a good mom and hard worker. Good for you going running, being up at night would be so so hard to get up so early so way to go!