We all know some cool moms... the ones that make all sorts of things with their kids, from going somewhere on a day trip, to craftingf and such? I know some AMAZING moms that do things like that. Let's be honest though, in our home, at least, Play-Doh is as crafty as we get. Camilla loves it, and it's easy to clean. Today I decided I'd try to attempt to be a cool mom: I told Camilla we could make cookies together.
The little one inmediately got excited and started pointed at the cover where we keep our stack Famous Amos... It took a little bit for her to understand that we were making them from scratch. I didn't know how long her attention span would last, which is way I've been making cookies and other sweets while she naps, or after she goes down for the night. But she surprised me today. She listened carefully ad I explained the we had to mix the ingredients, and looked carefully at the measuring cups and spoons. She also tried some of the ingreidents, but hey, ground ginger straight from the contained hasn't been known to kill anyone, so I let it fly.
She loved poking a couple of the cookies and eating cookie dough. And although it was hard for her to understand that those delicious cookies ("My cookies" as she called them) had to cook for 14 LONG minutes, she eventually got it.
I look forward to more baking with my sweet little angel. Who knows, maybe she'll be my partner in crime since I'm the one who ALWAYS had a sweet tooth :)
3 comments:
It's awesome having a partner in crime. Then you can make it at anytime, you don't have to wait for naptime or bedtime, EVERYTIME is the time for sweets!
You are an AMAZING mom if you bake with Camilla. I know when I bake with Ryan I end up with double the mess!! I love it! Someone has to teach her to bake! Now, the next task will be cupcakes :)
You are so cute. I've never taken the time to cook with Aubrey, and I know she would love it! I've just been too selfish to deal with the mess, but I want to be better after reading your post. That's so funny that she ran to the famous amos cookies, aubs would do the same thing, she probably has no idea that cookies come from anywhere but a package!
Post a Comment