Friday, May 8, 2009

Park

Camilla and I are on a mission: To find a good park we can always count on. An important thing is how shady it can be... as the summer starts, we are going to want to be able to go to the park, and not fry ourselves!

This week we tried two new parks (one of which, I think, might be the one).

First, Civic Center Park. It's about a 4 min drive from our house to the park, so not bad. Camilla loves all the play structures.. and I love the fact that there are trees to give us shade, and that it's fenced in! (which is why, this might be "the" one)



Second and last, Hillcrest Park. This one is about 5 min away from us. And although not shady, it's a nice park due to the play structures it has. This park hosts a very special playground: one in which children who cannot hear, see or walk can play safely. The design has castles, slides, rock walls, a tree house and more. The aisles are very wide, enough for two wheelchairs to go through at the same time. It's a special place.


Something else cool about this park is that it's huge! Great for Sunday walks. And also great for kite fying!
I can't wait to take advantage of these (and more) neat parks. We love where we are!
Last but not least: Camilla driving our car... silly girl!

3 comments:

Becca said...

Those parks look great! I hope you have lots of fun times playing in them this summer.

Vanessa said...

How fun that you have so many parks to choose from. They both look great! I love the pic of Camilla driving with Hunter, all kids love to drive, Fun Stuff!

Emily Gibbons said...

What fun places to play! I want to go there! We miss you guys. We were just talking about you last night. Any chance you're coming this way in the near future?