About 12 years ago, my then fiance gave this talk to me. I was having doubts about the decision of marrying him. I guess in a way you could say I was afraid of moving forward. I read it, and I was taught something extremely important, something that has helped me since. When the Lord gives us revelation (and He will if we ask), one must trust the answer given. And when fears or doubts come (and they will), one must remember that feeling, that peaceful feeling given through the Holy Ghost an an answer.
A couple of years ago I stayed home from church because I wasn't feeling well. It is amazing how quiet our little house can be when the children are gone. I had been praying and pondering a lot about the decision of adding an extra child to our family around that time. I felt so torn. Part of me wanted to be faithful and believe another little angel could come to us, and the other part of me truly felt the need to raise my children, to give them all of me without the stress a newborn brings. I mainly feared for my Camilla, my sweet oldest girl who took the brunt of it all. As I prayed that morning, I had this peaceful feeling come to me, to assure me that our family was complete, that I was making the right decision.
Many times afterwards I have doubted myself, yet I am always reminded of that sweet feeling. Satan is smart. He will find any way to torture us, to make us unhappy, and keep milking it. So I am choosing to "Cast Not Away Therefore Your Confidence" and moving forward. And enjoying my little ones, and watching them grow, in peace... Somewhat 😉

No comments:
Post a Comment