Friday, May 22, 2015

Sabrina

This girl. My girl. She deserves a post tonight. Remember when, as a mom, you threaten your kids with "don't make me pull over or.." Fill in the blank? Well, this sweet girl of mine made me pull over. It all started with me giving her the wrong skirt to wear, and it ended with her screaming bloody murder in the car. It was too much to handle, so I had to pull over and slap her leg. I hate it when this happens. It makes me feel like such an awful person. At the same time, I know sometimes it must happen. Sometimes, she needs to understand that what she is doing is unacceptable. But it doesn't make me feel any less awful. 


I love this munchkin to pieces. She gives the best kisses, and her smell is to die for. But sometimes, sometimes she can be too much too handle. Sometimes, like today, I am done, and I beg the husband to take her with him to a dentist appointment. And I know she will be a little angel for him, yet she will be a little devil for me. 

And it is at those times that I am truly grateful I had Camilla first. Because all I have to do is look at my sweet, well behaved, still very active 7 year old. And I know there is hope. I know Sabrina can turn into a pleasant young lady, if only she learns to behave at a young age. 

So I pray for patience, and courage to do what must be done. And forgiveness. Because I need all of that each day. 

No comments: