Thursday, June 23, 2011

Swim Lessons 2011

Yes, and so it begins... The pilgrimage a bunch of us parents do over summer break. This past Monday I drove the kids over to Concord Community Pool so Camilla could start taking swimming lessons. I signed her up for the Pre-beginner classes since I had no idea how she'd do. Here she is before class:


(Yeah Logan, I hear ya... but you'll be in the water soon enough too...)


All I see is a bunch of little kids in there... but mine is the one with the dark brown hair in
the very shallow end of the pool.


Well, she did GREAT. I am amazed at how she is NOT afraid of getting her head under water. That kid... my wild child... amazes me. This is one of those "rare" ocassions when I'm glad Camilla is as daring as she is. It's almost like she keeps pushing herself to keep up with the other kids (there's another little one there that is very comfortable with the water... Camilla is always trying to do what he is doing). Anyhow, we're doing Pre-Beginner for one more week, and then off to Preschool level classes for the next two weeks... and then we'll be done with swim lessons for 2011... Wohooo!! :)


And here's silly Logan... I guess watermelon can be eaten and worn as a a hat!



Grandma Young got Camilla this beautiful dress... It looks great on her! She looks so grown up here... don't grow too fast, child! Please!!



2 comments:

Emily Gibbons said...

Such cute babies!!!!

Laurel Criddle said...

Your kids are just too cute! I'm glad swim lessons was a success. It took Ryan a good month to really be comfortable in the water.